Thursday, January 24, 2008

Rest In Peace

I have plans to post about something else more politically based later, but I couldn't let this go by. As you are well aware I am sure, the young actor Heath Ledger died on Tuesday. The death was sudden and shocking to those of us who admired his acting ability (and yes, admittedly his attractiveness) and we are still searching for answers. I particularly loved him in the revision of Shakespeare's Taming of the ShrewTen Things I Hate About You.


I have no love or respect for Fox News, but this time they have really out down themselves. One of their anchors, John Gibson, on his radio show repeatedly mocked and disparaged Ledger, calling him a "weirdo" and referencing his incredible role in Brokeback Mountain by saying "Well he found out how to quit you." (The line from the movie is "I wish I knew how to quit you.") If you would like to listen for yourselves to the appalling spectacle, Think Progress has the audio link.

Email Fox (I did) and express your disgust if you think that this behavior is wrong and inhuman. Apparently they are too chicken shit to have an actual email for each show or anchor, so you have to use this general email: Myword@foxnews.com.

2 comments:

creative kerfuffle said...

good lord, how horrible is that? really? sometimes i really hate news anchor people, all of them. i'm still pretty stunned. he also was in candy, an indie film, and it was awesome. i think it was several years ago but i just caught it on ifc recently.
CK

Anonymous said...

What? The 1st Amendment is only intended for liberals? I think not. It is intended for everyone in this country. No where does it say you have to a) agree with the speaker b)the speaker say anything intelligent. Only the speaker has the right to make as big an ass out of themselves as they wish in other people's opinions.

I would suspect many on the right who might read drivel like this would say the same things about you folks. This is just intolerance for the sake of intolerance, something the ultra left rails against but isn't above doing themselves when it suits them.

There are days when I just hate to admit I am a Democrat. Today is one of them.