Friday, January 11, 2008

Rainy Days and Fridays



















So I am not feeling particularly loquacious today, but I want to insure the faithful feel loved.


No I did not watch the republican debate last night. There were actually new episodes of My Name is Earl and 30 Rock. (Can I BE Tina Fey in my next life?) So I opted for humor that uplifted me and not just the opportunity to laugh at the mentally challenged. Sue me.


And it is a good thing, today's news shares with us that consumer confidence has hit a record low. Wohoo! Something tells me that Fred Thompson not acting like he is in a coma would not help me digest that news any better.


It is also raining, which I can not complain about due to the fact that my area of the state ended 2007 about 11 inches below normal rain fall levels.


BTW, Reagan's name was only invoked 34 times last night, but that should have been plenty of times to get you good and liquored up if you were playing my GOP debate drinking game.


375 days left . . . the infamous Florence, SC quote from January 11, 2000—
"Rarely is the question asked: 'Is our children learning?'"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe the answer to that last question is,'theys aint.' --wez