Monday, June 9, 2008

Editorial Comments Update

People are just nuts. I got a letter from some little old lady thanking me for my letter to the editor, which is nice I guess, but really? I guess I should just be grateful for the support, because later Friday evening I had a call from an obviously older gentleman who at one point identified himself as a minister, but never gave his name or anything, who took issue with my criticism of Elizabeth Dole. I politely told him that I appreciated his difference of opinion, but that he was welcome to write a letter to the paper as well.

Whatever. People need some hobbies I think.

1 comment:

Rev Wes Isley said...

Come on, without feedback, what would us writers do? It's like writing your blog without any visitors--ever! Iprobably wouldn't go out of my way to call or write a personal letter, but it is nice when others do. I wrote way back on the Boy Scouts and gays, and I expected to get some hate email. Instead, I got one phone call from an older woman who said I had helped change her opinion about gay people. How great is that? Assuming she wasn't just pulling my chain, of course....