Friday, August 15, 2008

By the Way

In guess you, my gentle readers, truly read this blog for insight or because you value my opinion (!), here is a round up of my thoughts, musings and reactions to some of the big pictures items going on lately.

1.  Clinton's name being put up at the Democratic Convention.

This is fine. No I am not worried that some delegates will go to her side and then there won't be a clear winner. Unbunch your panties people. This is merely a gesture of good will; it is clearly within the rules; and it won't cause any problems and will hopefully unruffle some feathers. Now if those crazy old broads who keep calling into CSPAN in the morning would stop saying they are voting for McCain now that Clinton isn't the nominee, we could get down to the business of electing a democrat this November.

2.  Russia vs. Georgia. Who's the bad guy here?

Unfortunately, my sense is it isn't that easy. Georgia's president doesn't appear to be the nicest individual on the block, but that doesn't mean that Russia's interests in invading are all that altruistic. I am afraid I can't speak about this in any more detail without just making shit up. But I can say this, apparently the current U.S. administration and Republican presidential nominee, McCain, have not been taking their daily does of irony factor. All these statements about it not being right to invade a sovereign nation in the 21st century from these jokers are just plain asinine. See for yourself here, and here.

3. The Olympics

I'm sorry I just don't care. Not to mention they come on past my bedtime. 'Nuff said.


1 comment:

creative kerfuffle said...

ok so the first time i half assed glanced at a headline that said something about georgia and russia...yeah, go ahead and laugh : ) i thought, wtf are they doing in atlanta? ; )
and ditto for me on the olympics, the not interested part.