Monday, September 22, 2008

Oy Vey

Below is Sarah Palin's response to a town hall question over the weekend about keeping any new domestic oil supplies in the U.S.

Oil and coal? Of course, it's a fungible commodity and they don't flag, you know, the molecules, where it's going and where it's not. But in the sense of the Congress today, they know that there are very, very hungry domestic markets that need that oil first. So, I believe that what Congress is going to do, also, is not to allow the export bans to such a degree that it's Americans who get stuck holding the bag without the energy source that is produced here, pumped here. It's got to flow into our domestic markets first.

What does that even mean? Fungible? I thought that was something that grew in your laundry basket. Flagging the molecules? Is that some sort of Alaskan version of football? I am so confused. Apparently that means I am qualified to be VP.

Read more here from ABC. Or watch Wolfie's take on it over at CNN.



3 comments:

Rev Wes Isley said...

Reminds me of that poor pageant contestant from South Carolina---"Such as Iraq and as, such as, in Africa, the education and certainly, yes, the children...."

I have some lovely fungibles in my back yard right now--can I start my own gas company?!

broad minded said...

only if you run the pipes to my house!

Anonymous said...

John McCain said Sarah Palin knows more about energy than any other person in this country [yes, he really said that]. Now don't you want to just give that pitiful woman the benefit of the doubt? Come to think of it, I may know more, because I can see the sun from my house.