Saturday, May 3, 2008

Planetary Alignment

You may be asking yourself right now what amazing cosmic event has transpired to make me post on the weekend. Not event, gentle reader, EVENTS!

The day was starting off well to begin with because the husband and I had a rare weekend date planned. Oh joy, rapture, bliss. But little did I know that things could only get better.

At the gym, I happened to glance up from my treadmill screen to look at the people walking by in front of me on the track—a man in a ball cap and a woman. The man looked oddly familiar and then almost instantaneously it hit me! It was CHRIS DAUGHTRY from American Idol. Aside from seeing John Cleese at a play in England, this is my only celebrity sighting. And if I hadn't of looked like ass, I might have made an ass of myself and jumped off the treadmill and run him down. As it was, I tried to play it cool, while desperately scanning the gym to see if I could spot him again. And upon leaving I got confirmation at the front desk that it was indeed him.

So that would have to be the highlight of any day, right? But oh no, about 20 minutes ago it got even better. I answered the phone and was asked to participate in a telephone political poll. And I am not ashamed to admit that this excited me even more than seeing Chris Daughtry a mere three feet away from my own sweatiness.

Either the planets are in alignment or this is Christmas in May. I guess my grandmother was right, things do happen in threes.

4 comments:

creative kerfuffle said...

what an awesome day you had! tell us about the date w/ the hubs though! i want details!!

Rev Wes Isley said...

Wow--you must be living right! And thanks again for your call to share the exciting news.

broad minded said...

it was a shockingly good day, i must admit.

on the date, saw Baby Mama. very funny. awesome small parts for steve martin and sigourney weaver as well as the black guy from 40 year old virgin (sorry i don't know his name).

then we had dinner at the new place in our "hood" sticks and stones clay oven. AMAZING pizza. AMAZING.

Anonymous said...

If I knew I would see Chris Daughtry at my gym, I would go a lot more. There are no celebrities at my gym, just muscleheads. Sigh.