Thursday, May 15, 2008

Last, but Not Least

Oh yeah, John Edwards endorsed Obama. Notably absent from the event in Michigan was Elizabeth Edwards. Perhaps the Edwards' house is split on this decision?

Now, you all know I love me some John Edwards, and in a way I am not surprised by this announcement in the least. I just hope that it has the desired effect, to boost Obama with the white working class voters, that not only seem to lean toward Clinton, but who seemed less than enthused by him in West Virginia earlier this week.

But then again, that may have less to do with the inside of the man, than his outside—unfortunately. And I am afraid that no endorsement is going to combat that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are racist on both sides of this coin. While yes there are some white people that will not vote for him because he is black, I think on the other side, there are many black voters (avg. 92%) that are voting for him not because they think he is the best, but because he is black. While everyone talks about the first, they turn a blind eye to the second. There are some of us out there, that just dont like his views. It is not because he is black, it is because he has a thin resume, questionable charachter and wants to turn this in to a welfare state. I am not a racist, I am a conservative.

broad minded said...

yes anon, i will give you your conservative status. and i won't even fight you too much on obama's thin resume, although i would argue that there have been great presidents with little experience and horrible presidents with little experience (the current White House occupant being a fine example). So when it comes to the thickness of someone's resume, that doesn't always tell you what the person is capable of.

I know that nothing I say will convince you that obama doesn't want to turn our nation into a welfare state, so i won't waste my breath, but i do think the remark about his questionable character is way off base.

obama has done little that i see as questionable. through his own intelligence and perseverance he got a solid education and went on to use that education to give back to the community. yes he may be ambitious, and he may have had his eye on the white house for sometime, but there is nothing wrong with ambition in my book.

What exactly do you find questionable about his character? unlike W. he hasn't used his family to shirk military duty, or get into school, or get ahead in business. that spanks of questionable character in my book.