Monday, April 28, 2008

8 Days

In a mere eight days my fellow North Carolinians will head to the voting booth. My hope is that they will come out in record numbers as they recognize and celebrate the fact that they actually have the opportunity to make a difference in the presidential primary season, something our state hasn't had in a LONG time.

I had a friend email me this morning about something political and presumed I was voting for a particular candidate. I replied that I wasn't sure who I was voting for yet. Surprisingly enough (no more so than to myself) I am still very undecided about the presidential primary. There are many things about both Obama and Clinton that I like and admire; likewise there are things that give me pause.

I will say this, that whatever decision I make on May 6 it is a decision I will be keeping to myself. I have to give my husband credit for this one, I actually asked him the other day if he had made up his mind and he said he wasn't going to tell me. Now of course I have my suspicions as to who he is leaning towards and was a bit miffed that he wasn't going to tell me, but once I listened to his reasoning I got behind the whole idea. 

We used to live in a society that thought it wasn't polite to talk about your religion or politics. Obviously that has changed dramatically. While I LOVE talking about politics I can see where the idea of taking a little of that back, making it a bit more private isn't such a bad thing. 

So expect me to be sporting with pride my "I Voted" sticker next Tuesday, but just don't expect me to tell you who that vote was for (but you can guess it was for a democrat!).

2 comments:

Rev Wes Isley said...

Oh you are such the tease!

But for what it's worth: Vote Hillary!

broad minded said...

a girl has to have her secrets!