Monday, March 9, 2009

No Line On The Horizon

It is hard to know where to start when I have been disconnected for so long. As always, it wasn't that news items didn't pop up that intrigued me (I have a stack of dog-eared magazines to prove it), but it is amazing how easy it is to get overwhelmed by the minutia of daily life.

Case in point, as I type this, I am listening to U2's latest album. It came out last Tuesday and, freakishly enough since it was in my face that a.m. as I journeyed to my expensive coffee-esque beverage purveyor, I bought it. And I am JUST NOW listening to it, almost one week later. This time last week there was 6 inches of snow. Today it will be almost 80 degrees. The world turns on a dime. The bottom can drop out at any given moment, with no warning. Relationships change, drama is created, and hopefully in the end you surprise yourself and emerge from it all for the better.

So meanwhile, much has been made lately of Rush Limbaugh and the freakish pull he seems to have over the Republican Party. I think the fact that so many GOP members have felt like they need to apologize for criticizing an entertainer is the surest sign of what is wrong with the right. Can you even imagine the same thing happening if a Democrat criticized Keith Olbermann or Bill Maher or even Jon Stewart?

I have read/heard several accounts that indicate the Democratic Party is intentionally going after Limbaugh to further divide the Republicans and weaken them more than they already are. If so, then it is about the ballsy-est thing the Left has done in some time.

4 comments:

creative kerfuffle said...

"Relationships change, drama is created, and hopefully in the end you surprise yourself an emerge from it all for the better."---this is a great phrase broad.

broad minded said...

thanks, it gets even better when the last "an" is spelled properly as "and."
;)

Rev Wes Isley said...

Limbaugh is so EASY to go after though, don't think? And it's fun! I'm thinking this is just an opportunity that presented itself, especially since Fatty McButterpants so frequently inserts foot into mouth.

Anonymous said...

If Limbaugh is all the "Lib's" can do with all the mess this country is in, then bring the Republicans back. At least they ACT like they give a shit.