Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Leave Me Alone

I hate going so long between posts, I don't want my gentle readers to feel unappreciated or alone, but I have not found much to be riled up about of late. Of course there is the "will she or won't she" debate raging over Clinton possibly becoming Secretary of State. Whatevs. It seems to me to be her best option, gives her more importance than if she is just a mere senator.

Yesterday the beloved spouse mentioned Bush making some changes to the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). I am a big believer in the act and think it doesn't even scratch the surface of what we need for parents and families in this country. Of course the fact that I once had to argue with a dipshit HR person about whether or not I was allowed to take 12 weeks after the spawn arrived is another reason I am a big supporter of the act.

That being said, what little I was able to track down about the latest FMLA changes authorized by the Bush Administration aren't even enough to get me hot under the collar. I think it is good that it is being extended to military families (and not just immediate family either), frankly I had no idea they didn't have the ability to use FMLA to care for wounded family members. I am kind of bothered that they are allowed six months of leave under the act, something that is not available to non-military people.

I guess that is about it, just wanted everyone to feel loved.



1 comment:

Rev Wes Isley said...

We appreciate the love!

Hmmm--and who would that HR person be?

And the shell game has begun over here. Good for some, bad for others. Of course, you probably already know more than I do!