Thursday, April 2, 2009

Black Lesbian Coming to a TV Near You

Now this is how I like to start off a Thursday! Fox (of all people) has just signed a contract with comedian Wanda Sykes to do a topical late night show starting in the fall. The show is expected to take the place of MadTV, but no definite night has been named for it yet.

I love Wanda Sykes. Her stand up is hilarious and she and Jane Fonda were the ONLY reasons to give Monster-in-Law a second glance. (J-Lo, who? Blech.) I for one will most definitely be setting the DVR for this one, especially if the rumors of her doing a Real Time with Bill Maher format are true.

Ole Rupert would give Satan himself a half hour time slot if he thought it would make him money.

And in other exciting liberal talk news—Air America's Ed Schultz is going to be hosting his own MSNBC gab-fest at the 6pm hour. Ed has been filling in quite a bit lately for various folks on the liberal news joint and he has a great, down-t0-earth appeal, ala Jack Cafferty, which I think will bring him a lot of viewers.

Speaking of Cafferty, he had a high time the other night on The Daily Show if you have a few minutes to spare.

1 comment:

Rev Wes Isley said...

I loves me some Wanda! I hope I can catch the show.