Thursday, July 9, 2009

Million Dollar March

Now that the Dems have 60 votes in the Senate you would think they could get off their asses and push through some serious reforms, like oh say in health care for example. Unfortunately, it would appear that some of the more conservative democrats (I can't even BELIEVE I am writing those two words together) seem to have other plans. And their efforts are being aided by the fact that the health care industry is spending at least ONE MILLION DOLLARS a day on lobbying Congress to squash any serious health care reform.

Well gosh guys, thanks for looking out for the little people.

What is wrong with this picture? I mean I thought the country voted for some change last November. It seemed to me that the majority spoke that they wanted the Democrats to make some change in Washington, and not continue down the path of lining the pockets of corporate America like the Republicans did for eight years. Health care should not be a for-profit industry. Why should corporations get rich off the backs of the average American living or dying? They make more money by keeping us sick then they do by healing us. It just all stinks if you ask me.

1 comment:

Rev Wes Isley said...

I confess that I'm ignoring most of the coverage, but it does bother me that some people are saying this is being shoved through too fast and Obama isn't giving us enough info. (John SO needs to stop listening to that damn talk radio station!) Anyway, you and I must discuss soon the various merits of all this--but then again, ignorance is feeling more and more like pure bliss!